Sunday, January 4, 2009

"today"

My hubs and I went to Corvallis. The plan was to go to American Dream Pizza, Sally Beauty Supply and Winnco for groceries. We were going thru an intersection downtown and my husband just about crashed into the car in front of us. We see this enormous tour bus with half naked girls. It was the "Girls Gone Wild" bus. They tried to flag me down to go on tour, but I was too busy and had other things to do. ha ha ha ha ha. Must be lookin' for some college girls. We did make it to American Dream. Salad with bacon and mozzerella. Yummy. Slice of pepperoni. Yummy. (didn't have a cookie) Then off to grocery shop. I think everyone that wasn't on the girls gone wild bus was at Winnco. Crazy. Got healthy, good food.
I had two diet pepsi's with lunch. Those who know me. Know that when I drink caffiene, I am up for days with tons of energy. So I started organizing. I am giving a lot of credit to Kambria for my newly aquired skills.
She says "work on something for 20 minutes and them move on." Those who know me, know I am an "all-or-nothing" kind of girl. So I worked on my closet a little. BIG JOB. I do have WAY too many clothes. Or is this normal??? My hubs has 3 shelves.
So this is the horrid before pic.

I worked for a while and got this much done.



Then I cleaned out a drawer in my kitchen. Yes. This is my drawer. In my house. Kambria, are you proud yet?



And then I went a step further and organized my canned food cupboard. I do like to be organized, but I get so overwhelmed.
My best organizing friend Kambria also says "just pick up 15 things and put them away or throw them away and be done". Yeah, best friend. I DO listen. You are starting to rub off. I worked on my closet all by myself. I do still need you though! :)




Ah. Now I am going to get the kids to bed and read my book for awhile. Life is good.




2 comments:

Mrs. Nurse said...

I have way to many clothes too and when I am getting ready they seem to make there way all over my bedroom floor! Your pantry looks amazing. I share an apartment so I have to share the pantry. It is sooo hard cramming my stuff into a small space :(

Mrs Anne said...

Way to go mama!

sorry i couldn't make it yesterday!

can we reschedule for next weekend? (preferably Sunday late afternoon?)

xo,

how was your first day at the new place????