Monday, October 6, 2008

"home sick"

Today is my day off. How nice is to be sick on YOUR DAY OFF?????????????? Fever, sore throat, stuff head, headache.

Saturday was a crazy day. Had Nicole to a volleyball tourney by 8:00 am, watched her 1st 2 games (she did awesome), had to rush to Tyler's football game by 10:00 am in Millersburg, rushed to get to work by 12:00 and was hoping to make it back to the tourney before it was over. I was getting text reports that her team was dominating and into the championships. Rushed back to the club and missed the entire thing. They took 1st place and had just gotten their metals. I felt like the worst mom in the world running in as it was all over. Then I heard how awesome Nicole did. Glad she did well, but I missed it. LeRoy was home sick (nice he gave me this sh*t), so I called G-ma Mary to fill in for me. Thanks!!!! So she represented as did Nicole's boyfriend Michell (nice kid). So I took Nicole and boyfriend to Subway for lunch and started to get a sore throat. Sat night was watching movies with the kids and just started going downhill. Woke up in middle of night feeling like crap. Layed on the couch all day yesterday and feel horrible today. BFF called me this morning and it's her day off too and she is sick too!! (stomache). We haven't even hung out this weekend. We always get sick when we actually have a day off. I think we are working too hard and our bodies can't handle it when we finally slow down and try to relax! So much for getting anything done today.

3 comments:

{marie} said...

feeling slightly better tonight, but still really wiped out. why is it we always get sick on our days off....days that have been planned off for months?? i agree with your theory that our bodies just shut down....still haven't showered or eaten....hope you are feeling better. wish you had tomorrow off too.

Mrs Anne said...

you POOR thing!!!

be sure to lay around, drink some AIRBORNE, watch tv, and sleep!

get well soon!

:)

Missy said...

Thanks Anne. Did drink AIRBORNE, didn't get any sleep, watched some of my DVR's. Feeling a little better, but still have the crud.