Friday, October 17, 2008

"it's the little things......"

Ok, so. There have been a lot of things lately that really sucked. People being rude, gossipy, unfair and just downright dumb. I have taken the high road and not said anything inappropriate (hard to believe, I know) or stuped the their level (even though I wanted to rip their face off). So I decided to move into a bubble and ignore those idiots and live my life. I ventured out of my bubble yesterday and quickly retreated. It's scary out there. So today my last client cancelled, so I thought "hmmmmmmmmm.......it's Friday and I need to go grocery shopping for the weekend". So I scaddaddled out and headed to the store. Now most people are going to think this post is ridiculous, but I had three good things happen today. They might seem minor to some, but kindness and nice gestures go so far with me.
So I go to Safeway. They have $5.00 footlong Friday (not the wimpy Subway ones, this ones huge). I have extra kids at my house (that's pretty usual). So the lady at the deli asked me if I was going to buy a sandwich. I told her I already had one in my cart. I asked her if they came without tomatos. She said "no, but i can make you one." I told her that was ok, but she went to the bakery and got a fresh, out-of-the-oven loaf of frenchbread and made me one without tomatos. YUM. What a nice gesture. She made my day. The sandwich was DELICIOUS!
So I get home with my footlong and groceries and I see an envelope on the counter addressed to me. I open it and it is from one of my favorite clients. She (lova ya Angelina!!) had enclosed a wonderful card thanking me for doing her hair and she loved it. Also enclosed was 3 OSU Beaver tickets to the Nov. 1 game against AZ state and bonus snack money. Who does that? She is so sweet and it means more than she will ever know. thank you. So I have come to the conclusion that there ARE still nice people in the world and those people can come into my bubble. (I love my blog friends too!). I know this sounds so minor to some people, but I really appreciate when people go out of there way to do nice things for others. Thanks nice people.

And my BFF gave me tickets to the varsity SAHS game tonight. I get to sit by her. That always makes my day. Her stud QB son Zac is playing. I love going to a football game on a friday night, in the fall, with my BFF, watching my nephew (he's really not my nephew:), taking my daughter and her friend. Life is good..............

1 comment:

Mrs Anne said...

I couldn't agree more!

LOVE me some safeway deli gals (I have a special one that cuts my turkey jusssst right!)

HOW sweet is your client? I love sending little cards/gifts to people when they least expect it!

AND

YOUR BFF... duh, she's awesome.

You guys be up for some American Dream tomorrow???