Sunday, September 7, 2008

"domestic bliss"

All I want to be when I grow up is a Domestic Goddess.... is that too much to ask? (Oh, I am grown up, why can't I have what I want?) When do you really feel like you are living your life and enjoying yourself? I really don't think being rich (comfortable is good) is the answer, people you thought were your "real" friends talk crap behind your back, having a 5000 sq ft home is just more to clean and heat. All I want is this:
*Enough money to live within our means, have health/dental insurance.
*Family who is genuinely interested in our well-being.
*To not "have" to work while my kids are still young and in school.
*To have some time for "ME" (ex. working out on a regular basis, reading, cooking).
*Have time to keep up the house, laundry, daily duties.
*Go on family vacations at least once a year (not every 8 years)
*Go out to dinner with my family/spouse and not have to cut something else out of our budget.
*Feel like I have support when I need it. (BFF is ALWAYS their for me :)
*Live in a cul-a-sac with the people in my life that I care about and that care about me.
*Not have to deal with mean, rude, fake people.
*Bake cookies for when my kids get home from school, dinner on table when hubby gets home.
*Decorate my house for the changing seasons.
*Have some time to relax, soul-search, exercise, create new recipies, blog, be creative and just be.
*Is this really asking for too much?

4 comments:

{marie} said...

you are not asking too much at all....we need to find a way to make this happen. asap....and as for fake people talking behind your back....wtf?

Missy said...

Oh you know. Us being annoying. Football practice........
As for fake people, just in general. Putting on a "perfect" life show for the world to see.

Missy said...

Did you get the email I sent you about the "perfect life'?

Jessie Brown said...

I so want this too! I am going to call you to make a hair appt as soon as my car stops breaking and crap like that comes up! :)