Monday, September 29, 2008

"my day off"

I know it doesn't feel like fall and it's supposed to be 88 degrees today, but if I turn on the air conditioning and don't leave the house, I can pretend that it is fall. I also have a little boy home from school today with a sore throat. So................I have been so domestic today. I have baked cookies for Nicole and her friends when they get home from school. Almost finished up ALL of the laundry (that happens like once a year), put chicken in the crockpot for dinner with some rice, baked a weight watchers pumpkin pie, made homemade granola, cleaned out the fridge, blogged :) , and made Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner tomorrow night with whole wheat angel hair pasta. And it's only 2:00 in the afternoon! Here is the recipe. (I want this to be my life every day, I know to some this sounds weird and for people who hate to cook, just downright wrong, but I love it.) And my house smells like pumpkin pie and cookies right now...
Spaghetti Bolognese
3/4 lb. ground beef (Lean)
1 onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 carrot chopped (I used shreds that I found at Walmart yesterday)
1 can mushrooms, drained
1 (14 oz) can italian style diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 c. fat free milk
1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 lb. whole wheat angel hair pasta
Spray non-stick skillet with Pam spray. Add beef and cook until browned. Drain. Add onion and garlic, cook until softened, about 5 min. Stir in carrot and cook about 2 min. Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, paste, kidney beans and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered 10 min. Add milk and cook uncovered until sauce is thickened (it is already pretty thick), about 15 min. Salt & Pepper.
Cook pasta according to pkg directions. Drain and divide among 4 plates and top with the sauce. Garnish with basil if desired. Enjoy
Pumpkin pie.


3 comments:

Jessie Brown said...

Do you have the recipe for the weightwatchers pumpkin pie!? That sounds SO amazing right now!!

{marie} said...

YOU ARE ANNOYING!

Donna said...

Damn, your making me hungry, I better go figure out something for dinner!