Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Sept. 11."

The beautiful New York skyline before that awful day 7 years ago. I remember hearing on the radio that a plane had crashed into one of the twin towers. I don't usually have the TV on in the morning. I turned it on and was horrified. I started calling everyone that I am close to and told them to turn on the TV. I did manage to get my kids up (Nicole was in 1st grade, Tyler was still in daycare). I wasn't sure what to do. Do I go to work? Drop off my kids? Before I left for work the second tower had just came crumbling down on TV. I was standing in my living room not believing what I had just witnessed. My boss at the time EXPECTED me to be at work (even though this was huge), so I went to work very freaked out. I worked for a stockbroker and we couldn't do anything because the stock market was closed down. We had no TV, no way of knowing what was going on. I was on the phone all day with people who could tell me what was going on. When I got home from work at 5:30 I was glued to the TV. Still totally freaked out. I just wanted to know what was going on and have my family and love ones safe and around me. At the time no one had any idea how much devastation it really was.

2 comments:

Weeksie50 said...

I will never forget exactly how I felt that day either..

Becky

Susanne P. said...

can't imagine who "expected" you to be there. gosh darn golly!