Monday, September 1, 2008

"grandpa's 57 Chevy"

We had Grandma & Grandpa Mary over for a BBQ tonight. They just got a 57 Chevy. We had BBQ chicken, fresh corn on the cob, grilled vegies, homemade mac & cheese, wine and smores' for dessert. It was a beautiful evening and we finished up our last of school shopping today (last minute, I know!!) and the kids got matching footed pajama's. SO CUTE. So LeRoy and I loaded up the kids in their jammies and went for a "joyride" in the 57 Chevy right as the sun was setting. Great way to wrap up an evening and a summer. Nicole looked so cute in the back seat in her footed pajamas and her hair was braided in pigtails. She looked like my "little girl" again. You take what you can get when they are 13 yrs. old. I even told LeRoy to scoot over because I was going to drive. HA HA HA HA. I didn't kill it, but we bounced away from the stop sign screeching................the kids were hysterically laughing all the way home. Now I just need to get them to bed and tucked in for their 1st day of school tomorrow..............









No comments: