Monday, November 10, 2008

"candy corn cookie bark"

I had good intentions of making this yummy treat for Halloween. But that is already done and over. And I never got it done. So I have all of the stuff and am going to make it for Thanksgiving. I was printing off the recipe that I found on Recipe Girl and thought I would share with everyone. I will let you know how it is. How can you go wrong with these ingredients. Candy corn is my weekness. But I am back on my "healthy eating" today, so no candy corn until Thanksgiving.
Candy Corn Cookie Bark

14 to 16 whole Oreos, broken up
1½ cups mini pretzels, broken into pieces
1 lb white chocolate (chocolate wafers work best... try Wiltons or Guittard brand)
1 cup candy corn
brown and orange colored sprinkles
1. Place waxed paper on large cookie sheet. Spread cookies, pretzels and about 3/4 cup of the candy corn into a 13x9-inch rectangle on the waxed paper.
2. Place chocolate in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave for about 1½ minutes. Stir and then microwave for about another 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
3. Drizzle melted chocolate immediately over cookie mixture, spreading with spatula (if needed) to coat evenly. Top with reserved candy corn and colored sprinkles. Work quickly before chocolate hardens.
4. Place into refrigerator until firm. Remove and gently break apart into small pieces for serving. Store in airtight container.
Yield: About 2 dozen pieces














6 comments:

Jessie Brown said...

Those are awesome! :) I love the colors!! I absolutely adore candy corn and I didn't eat any at all this year! I'm drooling!!!! Craig doesn't like candy corn, he says all candy corn was made in 1963 and the just reuse and wash it. I say, I don't care...it's yummy! :)

Missy said...

Jessie- LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! I actually laughed out loud about Craig's comment about being made in 1963 and being washed. ha ha ha ah hahahahahhahahhh

Donna said...

Doesn't Recipe Girl have some awesome recipes!! Did you see the candy corn cookies? I can't wait to see what she has at christmas time!

Missy said...

Recipe Girl ROCKS. I want to be her.

Mrs Anne said...

this looks delicious... i'm jealous.

Susanne P. said...

you could totally substitute other candies for the candy corn as well and it would work. what a good recipe.

LOL at the 1963 comment. goes well with the fruit cake jokes out there.