Thursday, November 27, 2008

"happy turkey day"


I was going to write this thoughtful, meaningful post about how we should be grateful for everything in our lives. (as we should).

But right now my kids are fighting and my husband is yelling at them. I probably should have waited until this all settled down before I posted. So I could have had a "perfect" little post about how great life is (really, I do have it pretty good), but this is real life and real families and the way it goes.

On a good note. We had Thanksgiving catered this year. Who does that? The restaurant was offering to have a complete dinner made and delivered for 8 people for $95.

Score.

We got turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry relish, sweet potatoes, rolls, green been casserole and a whole pie. We couldn't have made dinner for $95 and we had NO prep. I even went to Walmart and bought Chinet paper plates so we don't have dishes either. Very NON-TRADITIONAL. But my reality this year. I am very ok with that.
After dinner I am taking the girls into Redmond to see Twilight the movie. I finished the book last night. I was ssssssooooooooooooooo good. I read in in less that 3 days. Can't wait to get home to start the next one.
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Yes, I am grateful for family (even thought right now they are driving me crazy), friends and our health. And not having to cook today. And that the sun is shining. And that I am still on vacation. And that I get to to watch Twilight. And I miss my best friend (hi homey), and my blog friends. Have a great day. gobble gobble.
I am definately making cosmo's tonight.

2 comments:

Jessie Brown said...

Oh what a fun day! (besides the fighting, but hey, it happens :) I am so jealous of you going to see Twilight. I was just curled up on the couch with Miracle on the 34th street on reading the 3rd book. Love.

{marie} said...

this is the funniest cartoon of the day. of course you came up with it! we had a great day with my grandpa {who is in his 90's and just as young as can be}....aunt flo came, but whatever. going shopping all day tomorrow with john. sounds like twilight will be a nice break for your evening. you are going to love it. i can't wait to start the next book either.