Monday, November 3, 2008

"metallica madness"

Ok. I know this is suprising to some, but I went to a Metallica concert for the 2nd time in my life. Yes, I did say second. My hubs is a metal-head. I wasn't really thrilled about going, but it ended up being fun. We went with some friends, Mark and Becky. We made the most of it. The concert was AWESOME. They really do put on a great show. The people watching was great too.
We had GREAT seats. Very close to the stage.
When we were standing in line to get in, it started RAINING hard. Becky and I found some cover, but the die-hard rockers (aka. dumb husbands) stood out in the rain and got DRENCHED! They didn't care. They were going to see Metallica. YEAH!!!!!
We got in early because Mark is cool. Something about a fan club, tickets??? Not sure, but was nice to get there before the crazies. It was a PACKED house. Lazer light show, LOUD, wine, beer, ROCK-N-ROLL. What else could a girl ask for???????????????????????????????



Took pics on our cell phone. They actually turned out pretty good.


So after the concert we met up with some people Becky knows from WOW. We went out to a bar in downtown Portland at about midnight. Rode the Max for the 1st time. I only had one glass of wine. Everyone else (except LeRoy and I) got pretty lit. The conversation was about gaming on-line and politics. At one point I wanted to go join the cute gay couple in the next booth over. They were pretty entertaining. So when the bar closed at 2:30 we called a cab. Everyone else wanted to walk back to the hotel. Not me. (I had no idea where we were and how far back it really was, seemed like a long ways on the Max). So at about 3:15 am LeRoy and I were standing outside the closed bar. In downtown portland. Freezing in the rain. With drunk Hobo's and hoodlums. Waiting for a cab. Nothin'. Not even knowing how to get back to the hotel. One of the waitress's from the bar was still there and called another cab for us. It was the best $10.00 i spent all weekend. Safe and sound back to the hotel. The party got moved to our room. By 4:00 am I was tired and sober and done. Ready to go to bed. Enough WOW talk. I was very quiet and tolerable. Got about 4 hours sleep. Over all the weekend was great. (motel was questionable). On the way back on Sunday we stopped at IKEA. Shopping with my husband is about as fun as going to the dentist. Spent $2.32 at IKEA. Oh, and ate lunch. And had a $1 frozen yogurt. Glad to get home and see my kids.




3 comments:

Jessie Brown said...

Well...to answer your question....being awesome is well...awesome :) You should know, you are the queen of awesomeness! ie; Metallica concert, downtown Portland bars, hoodlums, the Max, and IKEA!! Need I say more?

Mrs Anne said...

Awwww... love that you wanted to hang with the gay couple! :) ha!

p.s. $2.32 at Ikea??? NOT IMPRESSED!!!

please add an Ikea trip to our "must do" list.

k thx.

xo, have a great day!

Susanne P. said...

LMAO at the WOW talk. berto and the kids plus berto's brother in law (who still plays) all played for like a year or more. that's ALL they talked about. it was like a friggin' foreign language! i hated it.